Telephone interviews are now a popular “first stage interview” and should be treated seriously.
- Very occasionally it can be used at the second interview stage.
- Make sure you find a quiet room with no distractions to take the call.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged.
- Have a copy of your CV with you to refer to and have your laptop to hand in case you want to look something up or to have the company’s website open.
- As with any interview, make sure you have done some research and have some questions prepared (see how to prepare for the interview).